Tweet using our conference hashtag: #ALPM2017. Follow us on Twitter at @CSPCP_SCMSP
The Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians will hold its 13th Annual Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Conference at the Westin Edmonton from June 1-3, 2017. The conference is a key learning event not just for palliative care physicians, but for family doctors and other physician specialists who want to enhance their knowledge of palliative care.
Who Should Attend?
• Palliative Medicine Physicians
• Physicians with an Interest in Palliative Care
• Residents and Medical Students
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
• Eduardo Bruera: Early Integration of Palliative Care Services: When and How?
• Robin Fainsinger: I’m a clinician – I’m Never Doing research! Engaging the Reluctant to Achieve the Impossible
• Serena Lewis: Applying a Generational Scope to Our Palliative Care Practice: Does Age Matter?
• Charles Von Gunten: Respect: Earning our place at the table. Towards a cultural change in medicine.
• apply acquired knowledge in advanced palliative medicine to treat patients living with a wide range of life-threatening illnesses;
• educate medical colleagues (practicing physicians and learners), other health care professionals, patients, families, and the general public about palliative care; and
• recognize the importance of advocating for improved access to palliative care in local, regional, and national settings.
Please note that due to the advanced medical content at this conference, registration is open to physicians only. We encourage professionals from other disciplines to attend one of Canada’s excellent interdisciplinary palliative care conferences: The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference or the International Congress on Palliative Care.