Registration is open to access recordings from the CSPCP’s Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Virtual Conference, which took place from February 25-27, 2021. Registration is open to physicians, medical residents and medical students only.
Registrants can access the session recordings until December 31, 2020.
Why watch the recordings?
- The conference provides advanced level palliative medicine content.
- You can learn at your leisure, from the comfort of your home or office.
- Earn continuing education credits with the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. (details here)
- The conference was highly rated by participants. Over 90% said it enhanced their knowledge. 89% said they will apply knowledge they learned to their practice.
- It is entirely focused on physicians.
This is a documentary on the symbiotic relationship between the cycling community and the Hospice/Palliative Care community in a small Ontario City – Sarnia. This is a professionally produced film that shows how palliative care can benefit from a sporting event. It will be introduced by some short speeches and a beautiful song. It is a great demonstration of what hospice and palliative care are all about.
Your ticket provides access to the live stream on April 9 at 730 pm EST, or you can access the recording any time up to April 30th.
Cost of the ticket is $20 and all the profits go to Palliative Care education.
More info and purchase: https://www.imperialtheatre.net/show/gran-fondo-the-big-cycle-of-life/
Now you can learn anytime, anywhere, and claim self-study CME credits! Sign up for interactive online study courses from the CSPCP. Members get a discount 😊.
The courses are intended for physicians studying for the subspecialty exam and for anyone looking for CME self-study opportunities.
Topics: Heart Failure, COPD, Complex Symptoms (13 Topics) and Pediatric Palliative Care (10 Topics).
Sample screen shots: https://tinyurl.com/cspcp-pepc
Canada is extending an offer for CSPCP members to share with their teams and colleagues who could benefit from learning about the palliative care approach.
For a limited time (while quantities last), registrants can obtain a 50% discount on LEAP Online.*
To access the discount:
- Choose a LEAP Online upcoming session that works for you: www.pallium.ca/course/leap-online/#upcoming-sessions
- Follow the prompts to enroll in a session. If you do not see an ENROLL NOW button on the page, be sure to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to enroll in the session.
- Once you click on ENROLL NOW, you’ll need to create a Pallium Central account (or login if you already have one).
- In ‘Payment options’ enter discount code 50OFFCSPCP and click the Submit button. Complete the transaction by clicking Pay with your credit card.
*LEAP Online is a facilitated online learning program that provides health care professionals with the essential skills and competencies of the palliative care approach. LEAP Online includes 16 online modules completed at your own pace and 6 hours of webinars led by LEAP facilitators who are experienced palliative care clinicians and educators. LEAP Online is double accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 24 Mainpro+ credits and by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for up to 12.0 hours. You can learn more about LEAP Online here: www.pallium.ca/course/leap-online
To contribute toward health care professional preparedness during this pandemic, Pallium will be hosting a series of webinars in the upcoming weeks focused on topics that are relevant to our health care teams who are actively leading the response to COVID-19. They have created a new page on pallium.ca where webinars will be listed: www.pallium.ca/pallium-canadas-covid-19-response-resources. Please check regularly for updated webinar listings.