Active Members (voting)
- Active membership is open to all Canadian physicians, licenced by any body, who support the Mission and Goals of the Canadian Society of Palliative Care Physicians.
- Active members are entitled to attend any meeting of the Society, to vote at any meeting of the Society, and to hold any office.
Associate Members (non-voting)
- Associate membership is open to a) physicians in other countries; b) scientists with a research interest relevant to palliative medicine; c) medical students, residents and fellows; d) retired physicians. Retired physicians are eligible to apply for Active Membership (voting) if they prefer.
- Associate members may attend meetings of the Society, take part in discussions, and be eligible to serve on all committees of the Society.
- They may not vote, hold office or nominate candidates for membership.
Honorary or Emeritus Members (non-voting)
- Honorary or emeritus members may be nominated by the Board of Directors on the advice of any member of the Society. Normally, honorary or emeritus members will be individuals who have made a major contribution to the development of Palliative Medicine in Canada or other countries or who have retired from active practice or academic work.
- Honorary or emeritus members may attend meetings, serve on all committees, and take part in discussions at meetings; but may not vote, hold office or nominate candidates for membership. Honorary or emeritus members are exempt from dues.