SAVE THE DATE for 2018 ALPM Conference: May 31 – June 2 in Toronto
Thank you for joining us in Edmonton! Review the conference highlights here.
Slide show: Link to slide show
Those who attended the conference will be sent a link to presentations after the presenters have submitted their final versions.
This Group Learning activity has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Alberta Chapter for up to 14.75 Mainpro+ Certified credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and accredited by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development. Participants can claim up to a maximum of 15.75 study credits.
Claiming your credits: Please submit your credits for this activity online at www.cfpc.ca/login. Please retain proof of your participation for six (6) years in case you are selected to participate in credit validation or auditing.
Evaluations: if you did not receive the link to complete the session and overall conference evaluations, please email: email@example.com
Keynote Speakers Were:
• Eduardo Bruera: Early Integration of Palliative Care Services: When and How?
• Robin Fainsinger: I’m a clinician – I’m Never Doing research! Engaging the Reluctant to Achieve the Impossible
• Serena Lewis: Applying a Generational Scope to Our Palliative Care Practice: Does Age Matter?
• Charles Von Gunten: Respect: Earning our place at the table. Towards a cultural change in medicine.
Conference Objectives Were:
• apply acquired knowledge in advanced palliative medicine to treat patients living with a wide range of life-threatening illnesses;
• educate medical colleagues (practicing physicians and learners), other health care professionals, patients, families, and the general public about palliative care; and
• recognize the importance of advocating for improved access to palliative care in local, regional, and national settings.
Please note that due to the advanced medical content at this conference, registration is open to physicians only. We encourage professionals from other disciplines to attend one of Canada’s excellent interdisciplinary palliative care conferences: The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference or the International Congress on Palliative Care.