May 4-6, 2023 • Calgary, Alberta
The Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine annual conference brings together more than 220 palliative care physicians from across Canada and is a key learning event not just for palliative care physicians, but for family doctors and other physician specialists who want to enhance their knowledge of palliative care.
The program has been developed by physicians for physicians and includes plenary sessions, concurrent workshops and pre-conference workshops on May 3. Registration is now open – CSPCP members save on registration fees.
Who Should Attend?
• Palliative Medicine Physicians
• Physicians with an Interest in Palliative Care
• Residents and Medical Students
The Westin Calgary
320 4th Avenue, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2S6
This 1 credit-per-hour Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Alberta Chapter for up to 14 Mainpro+ ® Credits.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development. You may claim a maximum of 14 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
Overall Conference Objectives
- Apply acquired knowledge in advanced palliative medicine to treat patients living with a wide range of life-threatening illnesses;
- Educate medical colleagues (practicing physicians and learners) about palliative care; and
- Recognize the importance of advocating for improved access to palliative care in local, regional, and national settings.
Please note that due to the advanced medical content at this conference, registration is open to physicians only. We encourage professionals from other disciplines to attend one of Canada’s excellent interdisciplinary palliative care conferences: The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference or the International Congress on Palliative Care.