The 2020 Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Conference will take place at the Sheraton Hamilton from May 28 – 30, 2020. The theme for ALPM 2020 is “Implementing the Framework on Palliative Care in Canada”.
Authors are invited to submit abstracts showcasing work with clear potential to impact the discipline within one of the following broad areas. The work can be in the development, implementation, piloting or dissemination phase.
- Teaching & Education
- Quality Improvement
- Knowledge Translation
- Direct Clinical Care
- Clinical Service Delivery
- Physician Wellness
1. All abstracts will be entered a competitive poster selection process. Typically, 20-25 posters are accepted.
2. Primary/Presenting Authors of the top-scoring abstracts will be invited to do a short oral presentation of their poster, in addition to displaying the poster during the conference. The oral presentations will be given in a CSPCP Member Showcase from 08:00 – 09:15 on Saturday, May 30th. The Member Showcase will have a dedicated session time, so all conference delegates can attend and hear inspiring snapshots of work being done in Canada today. Details about the format will be sent to the Primary/Presenting authors of these submissions.
3. Medical students, medical residents, and physicians are eligible to submit.
4. We will no longer select a Top Oral Presentation and a Top Poster during ALPM. It is simply too hard to choose. Abstract selection is, in itself, a competitive process.
Special Note for Palliative Medicine Residents and Enhanced Skills Residents in Palliative Care: You may submit abstracts through this general call OR through the Palliative Medicine Resident Research Award (not both). The call for Resident Award submissions is issued in January each year and the submission deadline is in early April, to allow Residents to complete their scholarly projects. Residents from other medical disciplines are eligible for the general call only.
Submission details including link for submission: https://www.cspcp.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ALPM2020AbstractsGuidelines.pdf
Submission deadline: 11:59 PM EST on February 2nd, 2020.
Questions? Contact Leeanne Akehurst at Intertask Conferences: firstname.lastname@example.org