The Conference Planning Committee invites CSPCP members to submit proposals to lead interactive workshops at the 2020 Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Conference in Hamilton, from May 28 – 30th. This opportunity is benefit of CSPCP membership and is offered to CSPCP members only. Note that this call is for 75-minute interactive workshops. The call for abstracts (short oral presentations for the Members’ showcase and posters) will be issued in December and will be open to all physicians, medical residents, and medical students. The call for palliative medicine residents’ abstracts will be issued in April.
- A maximum of two presenters is permitted per workshop. Presenters must be physicians and a least one must be a member of the CSPCP. If both presenters are palliative care physicians, both must be members of the CSPCP.
- Member-submitted workshops must be 75 minutes long.
- Workshops should be interactive, so that participants can talk, think, learn, try, and interact (as opposed to a lecture followed by Q&A). At least 25% of the time must be interactive. The more interactive, the better!
- Workshops should be highly relevant to physicians in clinical practice. The selection committee will assess submissions based on the following criteria:
a. Relevant to clinical practice in advanced level palliative medicine
c. Evidence based
e. Aligned with the theme “Implementing the Framework on Palliative Care in Canada”.
- Presenters cannot be added or changed after submission.
- Completed and submitted COI forms are MANDATORY for all presenters (including your co-presenter, if applicable) for your application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the abstract review committee. It is the duty of the primary presenter to ensure that your co-presenter has completed his/her COI form by the submission deadline. A link to the online COI form is embedded within the application form but is also available here for your co-presenter to complete: https://forms.gle/KfNgLUBN9nA3dtHZ7
- Experience leading workshops is ideal, but not required.
- Workshops accepted through this call will be presented once, on the afternoon of Friday, May 29th, 2020.
- If your proposal is accepted, the primary presenter and co-presenter (if applicable) are entitled to complimentary registration for the day of the workshop or reduced registration to attend the full conference. Presenters are responsible for paying for their own travel and accommodations.
- Deadline: 11:59 PM on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
- You will be notified of the status by early December.
Submit workshop proposals here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HL7V65Z
For further information, contact Leeanne Akehurst at Intertask Conferences: email@example.com