Oct 23 (Fri) | 0815-1530 PDT
Target Audience: family physicians, palliative care physicians, emergency physicians, hospitalists, nurse practitioners practicing palliative care, nurses, pharmacists, residents & students
Overview: Registration is now available for this year’s UBC Division of Palliative Care CME Day on Oct 22. The theme for this year is ‘Back to Basics’ – find some key pearls in topics such as Evidence-Guided Management of Delirium in Palliative Care, Pain: Update on New Options, Nausea: Old Options and New Opportunities, Renal Failure and Palliative Care, Goals of Care in an Oncology Setting. Plus: Explore Orphan Symptoms – pruritis, rectal tenesmus, hiccups, cough, hyperhidrosis/night sweats, and lymphedema. We hope you can join us!
Up to 5.75 Mainpro+ / MOC Section 1 credits
Learn more and register
Registration is open to access recordings from the CSPCP’s Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Virtual Conference, which took place from February 25-27, 2021. Registration is open to physicians, medical residents and medical students only.
Registrants can access the session recordings until December 31, 2020.
Why watch the recordings?
- The conference provides advanced level palliative medicine content.
- You can learn at your leisure, from the comfort of your home or office.
- Earn continuing education credits with the College of Family Physicians of Canada or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. (details here)
- The conference was highly rated by participants. Over 90% said it enhanced their knowledge. 89% said they will apply knowledge they learned to their practice.
- It is entirely focused on physicians.
Now you can learn anytime, anywhere, and claim self-study CME credits! Sign up for interactive online study courses from the CSPCP. Members get a discount 😊.
The courses are intended for physicians studying for the subspecialty exam and for anyone looking for CME self-study opportunities.
Topics: Heart Failure, COPD, Complex Symptoms (13 Topics) and Pediatric Palliative Care (10 Topics).
Sample screen shots: https://tinyurl.com/cspcp-pepc
Canada is extending an offer for CSPCP members to share with their teams and colleagues who could benefit from learning about the palliative care approach.
For a limited time (while quantities last), registrants can obtain a 50% discount on LEAP Online.*
To access the discount:
- Choose a LEAP Online upcoming session that works for you: www.pallium.ca/course/leap-online/#upcoming-sessions
- Follow the prompts to enroll in a session. If you do not see an ENROLL NOW button on the page, be sure to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to enroll in the session.
- Once you click on ENROLL NOW, you’ll need to create a Pallium Central account (or login if you already have one).
- In ‘Payment options’ enter discount code 50OFFCSPCP and click the Submit button. Complete the transaction by clicking Pay with your credit card.
*LEAP Online is a facilitated online learning program that provides health care professionals with the essential skills and competencies of the palliative care approach. LEAP Online includes 16 online modules completed at your own pace and 6 hours of webinars led by LEAP facilitators who are experienced palliative care clinicians and educators. LEAP Online is double accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 24 Mainpro+ credits and by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for up to 12.0 hours. You can learn more about LEAP Online here: www.pallium.ca/course/leap-online
To contribute toward health care professional preparedness during this pandemic, Pallium will be hosting a series of webinars in the upcoming weeks focused on topics that are relevant to our health care teams who are actively leading the response to COVID-19. They have created a new page on pallium.ca where webinars will be listed: www.pallium.ca/pallium-canadas-covid-19-response-resources. Please check regularly for updated webinar listings.