The 2019 Advanced Learning in Palliative Medicine Conference will be held in Calgary, Alberta.
Pre-conference workshop(s): Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Regular conference program: Thursday, May 23 through Saturday, May 25, 2019
Our Conference Committee is working on the program. The Committee will announce the keynote speakers and invited workshop presenters in the fall.
There will be many opportunities for CSPCP members to contribute to the program including:
- A call to CSPCP members to submit proposals for interactive workshops
- A call for abstracts for short oral presentations – research, innovation
- A call for abstracts for poster presentations
- A call to Residents for presentations and/or posters regarding their scholarly projects
The timing and deadlines for the calls will be announced in the fall.
The online Interprofessional Education in Palliative and End-of-Life Care Oncology (iEPEC-O) Course is based on the EPEC™-O Canada curriculum and was developed by a team of interprofessional experts. It may be of interest to CSPCP members, colleagues, and teams.
The online modules are accessible anytime. Modules include:
- Knowledge of leading practices in palliative care
- Team-based approaches for physical and psychosocial challenges
- Case studies covering cancer and other advanced illness
- Focus on person-centred palliative care approach
- CME credits including Mainpro+ and Royal College section 1
More information: https://www.desouzainstitute.com/iepeco/
Every month the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association hosts an Online Event on different hospice palliative care topics.
For a listing of upcoming events, click here